How To Make Boarding Your Pet A Breeze
By Ryan, Resort Team Member
Whether you have done it multiple times or if it’s the first time, boarding your dog or cat can be an incredibly stressful situation for anyone. Will they be comfortable? Will they have enough food? Will the kennel take good care of my pet? Following some or all of these steps will help alleviate some of the stress associated with boarding.
- Get your reservation on the books now! At Rocky Gorge we do our best to accommodate all of our client’s needs, but during our busy seasons we recommend booking your pets stay as soon as possible.
- Bring more food than needed. Over-pack the food if possible, it’s better to have more than needed than not enough. Another idea is to pre-package all the meals into individual baggies or containers. This way you know for sure there will be enough for each day your furry friend will be with us. Though you need not worry if you happen to underestimate the amount of food your pet will need, at Rocky Gorge Animal Resort and Spa, we provide food if needed at no additional charge.
- If your pet requires medications, our staff is trained and able to administer them. Please bring all medications in their original bottles with labelled instructions so there is no confusion on dosing and administration.
- Bring a few select items from home. A blanket or towel that smells of home can make a huge difference in your pets comfort during their stay. But don’t bring too many as some might get lost during regular cleaning and we cannot guarantee their safe return (so no heirloom blankets please). Unfortunately, toys are not allowed as the risk for destruction and the animal potentially ingesting something is too great.
- Take advantage of doggy daycare. If your dog gets along well with others, why not sign them up for a couple sessions of doggy daycare? For an additional $20 your dog can get either a full day or half day of doggy day care to help keep them stimulated during their stay.
- Hugs and pats are free! We love playing and spending time with our visitors, so your pet can expect some pets and cuddles multiple times per day.
- Do not be afraid to check up on them. At Rocky Gorge we understand how difficult it can be to leave your furry friend behind so don’t hesitate to call us and check up on them. We also have webcams in most of our rooms, so you can log on see your pet whenever you want.
As summertime is hitting its peak and people are more comfortable getting out of town, these tips can make boarding your furry friend a breeze.
Feel free to give us a call on (301) 575-5700 to learn more from a Resort team member or book a tour. You can also book your pet’s stay online.